Fives selected by Fournier for supplying a second sorter
Fournier, a 1st rank furniture manufacturer well known under its own brands : Perene, Mobalpa and SoCoo'c, renews its confidence in Fives Cinetic for the supply of a second wood panel sorter.
In 2013 Fournier ordered a first sorter for its historic production site in Thônes (Haute Savoie). This robotized installation sorts out wood panels for kitchen cabinet at a high speed rate. The challenge for this first project focused on three essential points:
- Space Optimization
- High production rate (around 2.5s per piece)
- Maximum flexibility enabling the treatment of an almost infinite diversity of parts type
This first sorter consisted mainly:
- Input and output conveying system including 55 conveyors
- 3 FG180 Fives gantries
- 1 Stock of panels with a capacity of 1800 pieces of all sizes and all colors
- 1 shuttle system
- 7 ABB robots installed on two travel tracks
- Complete Control and supervision of the installation
Fournier naturally turned again towards Fives when faced with an increased volume of its production, leading to buy a complete new kitchen cabinet production line. . The second sorter is integrated into the heart of this new line.
The key sets for the second sorter will be:
- Input and output conveying system including 60 conveyors
- 2 FG180 Fives gantries
- 1 stock of panels
- 8 ABB robots among which 7 are installed on two travel tracks
- A Complete Control and supervision of the installation
This Fives unique and patented design solution allows high sorting speed of parts with unrivaled performance on the market.